weekend stuff

02 June, 2014




First, I just want to say that I'm completely aware of the giant elephant in the room, and right now I'm not ready to talk about it. I hope you understand. I'm having trouble writing here lately, because I don't know where to start, so I'm just going to ramble for a bit.

How was your weekend?

On Friday I took Emma to see Maleficent (read: I made Emma go see Maleficent with me.) and you guys, it was the best movie. I loved it so much. It was so relevant to the things that are going on with me right now, and I took it as a sign from the universe. (#crypticasfuck)

Emma spent the rest of the weekend with her Grandparents, so on Saturday I went to yoga at the studio, and then the gym for some weight training. After my workout I went into the sauna, where someone let me know my pants were on inside out. -_- Speaking of fitness though, I've been pretty hardcore at the gym and yoga lately, and I'm seeing changes in my body, which is such a good feeling. I'm doing things in yoga that used to seem impossible.

Saturday nite I went out with a friend, and had way too much fun, including but not limited to: Denton's version of moscow mules, a haunted bridge after dark, and taking a dog swimming. I might still be recovering from it.

On Sunday, Emma graduated from pre-kindergarten! The kids performed a recital before the graduation ceremony, and as I was recording it, I was zoomed in on Emma, and it was the most surreal moment I've ever experienced. It was as if I was watching myself. Sometimes I'm still blown away by the fact that I created a human being, and that she looks and acts just like me. Life is weird.

4 comments:

yours truly, melissa said...

Love these rambles! :) What elephant are you talking about? (Kiiiiidddding!)

Your workout time sounds amazing. I want to go to yoga & have a good sweat session. Ugh!!!! And time in the sauna. Seriously sounds amazing! Only 10ish more weeks (+ 6 for recovery). So basically forever.

Also, YES to inside out pants! Glad I'm not the only one :)

A Crimson Kiss said...

My goodness is life ever weird. Talk about it when you want–or hell, don't!

Mary said...

Life is weird for sure. And this space is yours, to use or not use however you want. Hooray to extra yoga and you-time and pre-K graduations!

a little black cloud in a dress said...

Melissa - It will be here before you know it!! :)

Lena & Mary - <3