a happy list

26 March, 2015



- I went to hot yoga and there was a sub teacher who, bless her heart, opened the studio door because it was cool and breezy outside, thus defeating the purpose of heaters. I was annoyed at first, but it ended up being a perfect practice. I'll take a breezy sunlit yoga any day of the week from now on, without complaining.

- I skyped with my dad, while he was cleaning a gun. This is so ridiculous, and soooo my dad.

- I planted an herb box, some peppers, and strawberries all on my patio. I'm really missing not having a backyard this gardening season, but it is what it is. Just getting my hand in some soil helped!

- I marked some organizational things off my to-do list that had been there for months. It feels good to have less things running through my mind when I should be sleeping.

- I took a long bath, while talking to my sister about everything under the sun, and we both ended up crying when she told me she saw my dad an the grocery store, and he looked old. (This sounds weird, she sees my dad everyday, but seeing him in public, unexpectedly is different.) There is nothing more therapeutic than a heart to heart with someone you love while in a tub of hot eucalyptus infused water.

- I found the most perfect cactus. I'd been looking for one of this species for a long time, with no luck. Yesterday the universe obliged.

- Emma has been reading so much! I caught her walking around the house with a book, reading it while getting ready for school the other day. I can't help but smile just thinking about it. :) :) :)

4 comments:

A Crimson Kiss said...

Love, love, love this.

Stephanie said...

My whole life right now is about de-stressing and organizing and ridding myself of all junk. And everytime I get rid of something or organize something I feel like a weight is lifted off of me. Purging and organizing is the best therapy for me.

Also, catching your kid reading is the best. Sometimes it makes me want to cry and then I feel silly. But seriously, does it get any better?

Chrissy said...

Love everything about this!!

Unknown said...

This post brings so much happiness, I feel like writing one of my own now! Thank-you for inspiration lovely! Your posts always lighten my day xx